In preparation for the 2016 operating season, Old World Wisconsin seeks employees to help bring the magic of Wisconsin history alive for 2016. The historic site is also looking for volunteers who would enjoy sharing life from the late 1800s and early 1900s with today's guests.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic applicants to fill seasonal full and part-time positions, including:
• Period-clad educator/demonstrators to share information with guests, demonstrating the work and craft of 19th-century immigrants
• Tram drivers to share information about the museum while transporting vistors between farmsteads
• Day camp counselors to work our popular children's day camps, exploring the whole site and sharing historic activities with children from 6 through 17
• Museum store attendants to handle retail sales and provide guest assistance
• Ticket sales staff to provide front-line guest assistance
• Maintenance staff for grounds upkeep, event setup and building maintenance
• Clausing Barn Cafe staff including cooks, servers, and cashiers
• Costumed host/hostess to welcome guests upon their arrival at Old World Wisconsin
Volunteer assistants to greet guests and serve in a variety of roles including gardening and sewing. There are even volunteer opportunities for playing historic baseball.
While the positions vary, enthusiasm is a must-have, and is seen as one of the factors contributing to the site's continued strong attendance in 2016. Most roles are seasonal, primarily May through October, and training for most positions begins in April. Background checks are routine.
Those interested should stop in any time during the open house to learn more and to complete an application. If unable to attend, they should email email@example.com or call 262-594-6301 for more information about open positions.
The Wisconsin Historical Society, which owns and operates Old World Wisconsin, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Old World Wisconsin
Old World Wisconsin, W372 S9727 Hwy 67
Eagle, WI 53119-9503
No events found