Take a break from the cold and join the Port Wine Celebration, as we honor our Red, White, and Tawny Ports.
Saturday from 10 AM - 4 PM. The day will feature:
• Self-Guided Tours & Wine Tasting – Walk behind the scenes to see how Port wines are made in our modern fermentation facilities and then barrel aged in our historic underground cellars. Along the way, enjoy tastes of Red and White Port, plus a variety of our other wines. This self-guided tour is complimentary and is offered in lieu of our regular guided tour.
• Winemaker Talks – Join Winemaker Philppe at 11:30 am, 12:15 pm, 1:00 pm, 1:45 pm and 2:30 pm, as he talks and answers questions about our wines and distilled spirits.
• Wine & Food – Purchase Port and other wines by the glass, along with a special White Port cocktail featuring one of Wollersheim’s distilled spirits. Also, while supplies last, purchase a Port plate featuring local chocolate-covered bacon, almonds, fresh fruit, and Carr Valley's new Porto Duet cheese made with sheep’s milk and our Red Port wine.
• Live Music – Warm up to the beat of a rhythmic acoustic ensemble trio featuring Derek Pritzl and The Gamble in our historic Sugarloaf Room.
• Port Library Wines – Enjoy a special opportunity to purchase older vintages that have been carefully stored in our aging library. Bottles are limited and only available at the office reception desk during the event.
• Distillery – Visit our newly-opened distillery from 10 am-5 pm, and taste a selection of our distilled spirits for $3.
Port Wine Celebration is open to the public, and there is no admission fee. For more information, visit http://www.wollersheim.com .
No events found